Terms and Conditions of Porting.
The Customer Authorisation Form (CAF) is the form that documents the information collected by us for the purposes of porting. Porting enables customers to retain their old number when they move to another network operator.
You must accept and confirm that:
- This request will terminate service with your existing mobile operator;
- This is a request to port to a new mobile operator;
- This request revokes any previous notice to terminate service with your existing mobile operator;
- Certain services, unused credit, and/or benefits may not be transferable from your existing service provider to your new service provider and may be lost;
- There may be costs (termination charges) payable and contractual obligations still owed to your existing mobile operator. I accept that I am liable for these costs;
- Your existing mobile operator may decline to proceed with the port in the event that there is a debt on the account i.e. account is barred or suspended;
- There is a 14 day period within which you can change your mind although you will be liable for any call or other charges incurred during this time;
- We will retain a copy of your authorisation for a period of 12 months from the date we receive your completed CAF;
- We will verify this port request by calling you directly and validating the number to be ported using a protected password process.
- You may require unlock codes from your Donor Operator to use your device on the Recipient Network;
- Your port request may be rejected if any information you provide is inaccurate, incomplete or misleadin;
- During the porting process there may be a partial or complete loss of mobile service. H3G is not liable for any loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred by you or by any third party directly or indirectly because of loss of service.